CARROT TOP PESTO
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 30g/1¼ oz carrot fronds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- juice and zest of ½ orange
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan and watch them carefully as they can catch and burn in seconds. Toasting the nuts gives them so much more flavour.
- Chop the carrot fronds and toss into a food processor along with the coriander and the almonds.
- Mince the garlic and add to the processor with the juice and grated zest of half an orange.
- Give it a whizz and then add the parmesan and start to drizzle in the oil until you get the consistancy you prefer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a small sterilised jar and cover with a tablespoon of olive oil to seel the top of the pesto from air and to keep that gorgeous green colour. Use within 3 days or store in the freezer for later use.
Enjoy your carrot top pesto on pasta, slathered on to a baked potato, or as a tasty addition to a chicken salad sandwich.
Source : http://larderlove.com/carrot-top-pesto/