Hearty vegetable soup
Back to recipes page
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup onions
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 1/2 cup vegetables (carots, potatoes, cabbage, etc.)
- 2,5 liters broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 500 ml. diced tomatoes
- 1 can legumes (red, white beans, chick peas, etc.)
- 4 tbsp olive oil or butter
- salt, peper
- Chop all ingredients the same size.
- cook the bacon with the onions, garlic and butter.
- Add vegetables and mix to cover with oil.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add broth,legumes and tomatoes.
- Simmer about 1 hour until the veggies are tender.
- Serve with a thick slice of bread and a piece of cheese.